Warehouse Staffing Agencies in Chicago are Not Made Equal
There are a number of staffing agencies out there. As a result of that, many agencies have begun to compete on price by boasting that they have the cheapest service available and offer flexible staffing. At first, this might seem great, but any savvy businessperson will know that it’s folly. By cutting the cost of their service, many agencies recover these costs be reducing the quality of the service they offer. So, as an individual looking to hire a staffing agency, how do you separate a good one from a GREAT one? Here are a few qualities that a great staffing agency must have:
1) Expertise Within Your Industry The agency should have specific industry experience and expertise in order to meet your needs. Agencies with experience within your industry will be able to select the right candidates for your business and ensure they meet certain industry requirements. For example, a janitorial service will need a completely different type of candidate than a warehouse assembly and packaging company.
2) Has A Wide Pool Of Recruitment Sources Agencies must have a wide pool of recruitment sources in order to find the best candidates. They must have their ears to the ground and be wiling to dig deep in order to find great candidates. Online job boards are definitely not enough. Your perfect candidate might already be employed (many of the best ones are). By hiring an agency that’s willing to look outside of the typical recruitment sources, you can be sure that you’re receiving the cream of the crop.
3) Thorough Screening Process Agencies with a thorough screening process will ensure that your candidates are properly vetted, the appropriate background checks are conducted and that they are qualified for the position. They will also ensure each candidate you receive is a good fit for your organization through interviews and even psychometric testing.
4) High Employee Retention Employee retention rates are essential when hiring an agency. It’s a waste of time to hire a slew of new workers only to have them dropping out over the course of a year. By ensuring the retention rates of the agency are high, you can be sure you’re making a good investment.
5) Stands By Their Service Every business should stand by their product or service and staffing agencies are no exception. If the agency does not offer a service guarantee, this is a major red flag.
6) Stays On Board After The Hiring Process Hiring your new candidates is only the beginning of what should be a fruitful business relationship. Unavoidably, there will be issues that pop up from time to time, and it is important that your agency doesn’t leave you “high and dry”. By having your agency on board following the hiring process, you’ll know that any issues you have will be dealt with.
7) Are Qualified and Registered By ensuring your agency is qualified and registered, you can rest assured knowing they have all the knowledge and expertise as required by industry standards.
Now that you’ve read enough information about what makes a quality staffing agency, I invite you to give us a call with further questions on hiring a full work force for your business or staffing needs.